AAUW (The American Association of University Women) advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
Things To Do:
Attend the July Branch Book Group Meeting. The Book Group will meet on Monday, July 10, 2023 at Barrett’s Grill, Barrett’s Grill, Hunt Valley Towne Centre (118 Shawan Rd Ste DD, Hunt Valley, MD 21030) at 5:30 pm. The July book is Fellowship Point: A Novel by Alice Elliott Dark. To reserve a spot, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 7, 2023: The Body, A Guide for Occupants by Bill Bryson
- September 11, 2023: Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver
- October 2, 2023: Horse by Geraldine Brooks
- November 6, 2023: White Too Long by Robert P. Jones
- December 4, 2023: The Good Life by Robert Waldinger
- January 8, 2024: White Teeth by Zadie Smith
- February 5, 2024: Black Women Will Save the World by April Ryan
- March 4, 2024: The Great Reclamation by Rachel Heng
- April 1, 2024: Apeirogan: A Novel by Colum McCann
- May 6, 2024: The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese
Attend the AAUW MD Summer 2023 Conference! The event will feature vocalist Maureen Broy performing and discussing her family suffragette history. This is followed by the NOW MD ERA Taskforce update on the ERA and a history discussion. After lunch, the state business meeting will take place.
Learn how to fight systemic injustice. Read Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson You may also want to listen to Oprah Winfrey’s 8-part podcast series on the book.
Upgrade your negotiating skills. From the comfort of your home, take AAUW’s FREE online Salary Negotiation Training.